Thursday, January 29, 2009

Correction, I'm actually 7 weeks and 3 days!!!


Hello! Sorry I'm behind in blogging but I wanted to have my sono pics up before I blogged! To the left you see my beautiful baby the size of a craisen right now. Isn't he/she cute! My first sonogram went very well, I got to see the heart beat on the Doppler, the nurse said that we have an excellent and strong heart beat. You can see in the picture where they graphed his heart beat, 147 bpm! She said that was amazing and we have a healthy baby growing inside me right now. After seeing the baby she said I'm at 7 weeks and 3 days, I've been a week behind this entire time. Which totally explains why I started everything early, i.e. morning sickness, etc. Here I thought I was pregnant with twins, nope there's only one baby in there!


It was so cool seeing the heart beat for the first time. It looks like frequent flashes of light on the Doppler, it's wild. I really cant wait to hear the baby's heart beat or know the sex for that matter. This is the most exciting thing my husband and I have ever gone through.


So how am I feeling, well pretty much the same. The nagging nausea is still hanging on for most of the day. I've been eating a little more but don't over do it because that makes me even more sick. I have to force myself to eat in the mornings, I don't feel like eating anything but when I'm hungry I get even more nauseous. So I've learned to eat some carbs in the morning and little things throughout the day. I will be happy when the first trimester is over with and I can start eating again and having a little more energy. Speaking of energy, I have none! I'm so tired all the time, which is totally hard when you are a working woman. I've been doing the best I can, I pretty much work 8-5:00PM and don't over do it. Those of you who know me, I'm a overtime kind of gal, well not anymore. It's all good though, I wouldn't have it any other way!


So my fertility doctor finally released me to my OBGYN and I have my first appointment with him on the 3rd of February. By that time I will be right at 8 weeks. I'm not sure if he's going to give me another sonogram but we'll see. Every doctors different and since this is my first experience I have a lot to learn. I will keep you posted!


Well that's about it for this week, we are moving right along. Thanks for taking this journey with me everyone!!


Until next time!!!

2 comments:

  1. February 3rd?!!?!? Thats so SOON!! Yay Lori:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome!! How cute is my niece/nephew!! I had a dream about the baby 2 nights ago...It was crazy. And yes, in my dream it was a certain sex...hmmmm!!!I don't know if it was a God dream or just my excitement over you guys having a baby!!!
    Im so proud of you!!! You're gonna be such a great mommy!!
    Love ya,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete