Tuesday, February 10, 2009

9 Weeks!



Hello again! Well we are going on week 9 and nothing much has changed really. This week my baby is about the size of a quarter, which is really weird because by the looks of me you would think it's much bigger. I've been telling everyone that I'm showing already and everyone has been saying "there's no way it's too early" so here's a picture. I've had several people come up to me congratulating me of my pregnancy so it's not only obvious to me, it's now obvious to others. When I had my doctor's appointment last week I asked him why I was showing so early. He just said every woman is different and it could be multiple reasons. I think I've defied all the books by my belly. All the books I've been reading said that usually more petite women start showing early and for larger women it can take up to 5-6 months for them to show, well I proved them wrong cause Lord knows I'm so far from petite! I just gave in and I'm wearing maternity clothes now, and boy those are comfortable!!


Anyways, so how am I feeling? Well on my last blog my doctor prescribed me an anti-nausea medication called Zofran and that was making a huge difference. Problem is the Zofran ended causing other complications so my doctor took me off of it. So, I'm having to deal 1x1 with the nausea and that's been pretty tough. I had a really rough morning this morning but I feel a little more at ease right now, it comes and goes all through out the day. Also there's another issue, my doctor called me and said I tested positive for Group B Strep, he's putting me on medication now to try and kill the bacteria and of coarse he will be watching me through the pregnancy. I'm really rather freaked out about it, 1 out of 4 women are carriers of this bacteria and it can be passed on to my baby during birth. The good thing is it's treatable. I'm still not 100% educated on this subject so if any of you have any knowledge you can pass on I will be extremely appreciative!


Well the count down continues, 3 more weeks until my 1st trimester is over. I pray to God that I start feeling better and I will be able to eat more than saltines and soup, I would really like that! I appreciate all the prayers, thank you all very much!


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment